_______________The Report: #1
Hello and many thanks for picking up the first issue of my works. First off, I am Trayton Vanslow
, currently a freelance reporter traversing Paradise City. Over the last bits of time, I have been collecting the opinions of not only the people of importance, but the general public, in efforts to grasp a firm idea of this town and its respective populace.
My personal goal as a reporter is to surface the opinions of all who reside in this city, not only the people which have a cumbersome amount of influence and a deep pocket. I aspire to be able to inform you with factual knowledge which is not commonly available, with hopes to challenge your current beliefs and to shed some light on all that is deemed true by most. As an overall conclusion in regards to my intentions, I wish not only to inform, but to bring out the true motives and thoughts behind the town and its residency.
To start things off, I would like to focus our attention towards the Middlesea Republic Ministry of Defense. Throughout Paradise City, there are clearly mixed feelings towards this Republic. With such claims that involve keeping the surrounding territory in check and to ensure peace and justice, the Ministry has surely excelled at delivering these promises, yet at what cost? It is widely believed that an exceptional amount of police brutality has been going on behind the scenes.
While interviewing a commoner, I asked him to express his opinion on the matter, "And as a bystander, how does this make you feel?"
His response towards the police brutality and ethics was simple, "Kind of opposed. Peace is a bullet to the brain by their standards."
Personally, I was shocked at the seriousness in his voice, but as I stuck around in the vicinity of the prison, it seemed like a clear possibility that this statement is the truth. Now I ask you, are these actions acceptable to you in order to establish justice? I think the lives of many could be spared if the Ministry of Defense, whom solemnly pledge themselves to protection of bystanders, would make use of their technology. A simple stun baton would surely achieve the same goal if it is accompanied with the slammer. After witnessing such actions, I decided to further indulge myself into the situation. I requested to speak to the Lord Commander
himself. After several hours of hassling around and loitering, luckily without deceasing, I had a chance to speak with him. The interview went as followed:Interview with Lord Commander Flask Denton Transcript: Friday, May 14th ~11:17 P.M.Trayton Vanslow
- "To my understanding, you are the head of this wondrous movement, may I get your name?"Lord Commander Flask Denton
- "Lord Commander Flask Denton."---To my surprise, he offered his name. At that point, I figured this interview would actually get somewhere.Trayton Vanslow
- "First off, I'd like to bring up the brutality you and your followers show to the public."Trayton Vanslow
- "Does it effect you in any way after your jobs are done?"Lord Commander Flask Denton
- "I can neither confirm nor deny the brutality we show in public."---The man can neither confirm NOR deny the brutality shown by his staff. This does in-fact leave open the possibility that such actions are being taken. I look forward to speaking with a citizen who has survived the slammer of the Ministry of Defense to hear his story of survival, only then will I get a better idea of the truth which happens behind those doors.Trayton Vanslow
- "Very well then. Since you've been in charge..."Trayton Vanslow
- "I've heard things such as crime rates have been rather low, yet with a higher activity in different respects such as rebellions."Lord Commander Flask Denton
- "I can neither confirm, nor deny the level of danger in this field of work."---It seems since the Ministry of Defense has planted itself as the leading force within Paradise City, rebellions have been sprouting left and right. Are these rebellions protesting their ways, or are they seeking to claim power for themselves? What does this mean for us bystanders? Will it lead to more, unnecessary violence? I think it could.Trayton Vanslow
- "Do you feel you have done a measure to keep the crime limited?"Lord Commander Flask Denton
- "I can't comment on the level of crime decrease in Paradise City."---At this point, I feel as if his responses have been rehearsed. I also feel that if, under his management, that crime has been coming to a halt, wouldn't he want to express it and reassure the public that his methods are working?Trayton Vanslow
- "Hmm, eventful."Trayton Vanslow
- "What is the MSRMD Looking for in fresh meat? What should the people looking to join you be working on?"Lord Commander Flask Denton
- "I cannot offer insight into our number of staff, but—"Lord Commander Flask Denton
- "All citizens with a clean background can apply for the Cadet Academy."Trayton Vanslow
- "What do people undergo while in the Cadet Academy?"Lord Commander Flask Denton
- "Pain."---After the previous questions, I switched to a topic I was sure to get a response to. With success, I revealed that all it takes to join their rankings is a clean record. Does this explain the Ministry's sudden growth or is it the fear which is struck into the people? Do people join them simply because they value their lives? I think this more the case than not, and through this, I feel as if it is almost forced upon people to become a part of the Republic. A handy tactic it is, but in respect to fairness, do you think these people are actually governed with good intentions? Perhaps there's more behind it.Trayton Vanslow
- "I suppose that makes them tough enough then. Do you have any future goals set for the MSRMD currently?"Lord Commander Flask Denton
- "I can neither confirm, nor deny any secret agenda or goals the MSRMD may or may not have."---In efforts to answer my own questions, I hit another roadblock. Despite this, I feel that some good can be salvaged from his response. When analyzed, it is seen that his response cannot deny any "secret" agenda. My original question wasn't even geared towards secrecy, but towards any future movements he has for the Ministry. Now thinking that the Ministry has something to hide, I asked decided to land the idea towards the public, "Right. Do you think they're doing their jobs to achieve something bigger?" The answer, "I can agree with you as much, yes. They are probably hiding something." A follow up to the anonymous interviewee's statement also contained: "But with the funds their gaining, I'd say something huge." Well? What do you think? Do you think theres more than what meets the eye when it comes to the Middlesea Republic Ministry of Defense?Trayton Vanslow
- "Very well, and lastly..."Trayton Vanslow
- "Are there any messages to the general public you would like to set out?"Lord Commander Flask Denton
- "Keep safe. And stay out of trouble."---And to close this informative interview, I agreed to forward his message along to all of my readers, Keep safe. And stay out of trouble. Should I add, if you value your life? I think I just might.
((P.S. Flask Denton
took 9 breathes during this interview.))
Mentioned within the interview was also a inquiry about the Ministry of Defense's gear. After going around, I couldn't find too much about it, other than the supplier for their stun batons is a corporation know as known as SERP. There is more to come on SERP later in this very enjoyable read. To conclude this section on the Ministry of Defense, I wish for you all to take something from it. I've presented and evaluated the information above for you and now it is time for you to formulate your own opinions. Be mindful and carry your opinions within your own judgment. I personally refuse to encourage you to express you opinions, as it has been mentioned in the PCN's article (which I fully recommend everyone to take a look at) that people have been placed under 'custody' of the Republic for doing so.
The Report: #2
Scientific Experiments and Research for Paradise City; also commonly known as SERP.
When this name was mentioned to me as suppliers to the Republic, I immediately had to know more. Luckily, I caught a break and ran into one of its Active Directors, Kane Clayton
Not quite clear on what exactly SERP was in the market for, I asked:"What exactly is the aims of your organization?" Kane
happily responded, "To advance the city's scientific and medical fields."
From there, I realized I was dealing with an individual who's intelligence surpassed mine. After further chat, he did confirm that they work with the MSRMD to better off their equipment and the city.
I pondered, "I understand, do they do anything in return? Anything specific?"
From that point, he
commented on the rebellions,
"Not really, I suppose they assure our work goes unmolested by the Rebels."
Understanding that the rebellions could impede the progress at SERP, I asked if they had any recent encounters. He
couldn't recall, except for his
first experience with SERP described as: "Well, in my first time in the station I came through as a photojournalist. I was harassed by what I believe were the rebels for my camera."
After getting a good chuckle, it was stated that no violence had come out of the problem, just a slight hassle. It was made clear that the SERP corporation is also in the market for security guards—more on that within the later portions. As for SERP, that's all that could be said about them. I happily shook his
hand and we beckoned each other for a good day.
_______________The Report: #3
The question stands as to whether or not these rebellions taking place against the MSRMD are called for. Some people full-fledgedly agree that the MSRMD is handling their power unjustly and others just wish to be able to claim their spot in the Lord Commander
's Chair. Do you think they are just promoting unneeded and unwanted violence or do you believe they're striving to achieve a much-needed revolution? I was unable to get in contact with a leader of a rebellion; perhaps they did not wish their identities to be known. Some questions of interest would have been:
"Do you have goals of harassing others versus just the MSRMD?"
"What exactly are the efforts you and your groups are making to impede the progress of the Republic?"
"How are your numbers and supplies looking?"
"Do you think you have an advantage over the likes of the Ministry?"
"Are you in works with any other rebellions?"
As to if we would have received answers, that remains unclear. Perhaps I will be able to contact a rebellious individual another day.
That just about wraps up issue one of my works. If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to contact myself. If you have opinions or messages you would like to forward or express, you know I will be happy to do so. If you wish to have a chat about any topic within the bounds of city, I will be open for discussing all matter for a wide range of time. Other than that, I would ask that you please take look over the next bits of information, quotes, and messages from the general populace of Paradise City.
----------------------------"People shouldn't fear their government; the government should be afraid of its people."
~ V"The MSRMD is failing to fulfill their promises, yet the rebellions are for unjust causes as well. That's the truth of the matter."
"The MSRMD are looking for able-bodied cadets with a clean track record to join their ranks. All citizens of Paradise City will be readily accepted and expected to go through various sorts of training that include lots of excruciating ''pain'" to test their mettle."
- This message has been approved by Lord Commander Flask Denton"The SERP Corporation are not only looking for people with strict, high-class degrees, but potentially security guards as well to further deal with any problems that may arise. They are accepting most applicants that can handle the task, which can also include androids and augmented individuals."
- This message has been approved by Kane Clayton
The Report: #4
An interview with Calvin
of the MSRMD. Believed to be an Enforcer from an outside source.Trayton Vanslow
- "Aye!"Trayton Vanslow
- "My friend."Calvin
- "Ah hello."Trayton Vanslow
- "You work for the Lord Commander, No?".Calvin
- "Indeed."Trayton Vanslow
- "A moment of your time?"Calvin
- "Make it fast."Trayton Vanslow
- "How do you feel about the way things are being run?"Calvin
- "Great."Trayton Vanslow
asks, "Got any specific likes or dislikes?"Calvin
- "Not really."Calvin
- "Things haven't been any better."Trayton Vanslow
- "One last thing then, do you get rewarded for doing things exceptionally well?"Trayton Vanslow
- "Upholding a criminal?"Calvin
- "Hmm, sometimes."Calvin
- "It really depends on the case."Calvin
- "And who's involved."Trayton Vanslow
- "What kind of rewards are we talking?"Calvin
- "Promotions of course."Trayton Vanslow
asks, "Is there still plenty of room within the group to advance through the ranks?"Calvin
- "I'm sure there is."Trayton Vanslow
- "Thank you, Could I get your name?"Calvin
- "Calvin."Trayton Vanslow
- "That's all you need to know."Calvin
- "Now if you'll excuse me..."Calvin
- "That is all, mister."
// Note, these reports have been edited and transcribed by me for better clarification / fixing of typos.
The original by Zyroke is available here:http://z10.invisionfree.com/Divine_RP/ar/t103.htm